Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Peculiarities of Life

Today no matter many times I insisted the universe would reward me for my positive attitude and no matter much I tried to convince myself life is grand... I found myself forgetting to be thankful for what I have and instead focused on those things I want but thus far have eluded me.  Usually I'm very confident the universe works as it should and that all things happen for a reason. Today I found myself distressed I could not determine the reasons... Which lead to frustration.

I know I'm just a spec of sand on someone else's much grander beach but today I wanted to know why... Of course the answer eludes me which lead to more frustration.

What's important is that I let go... I let go of my worries of what is and isn't ... I let go of the stress of not knowing why everything doesn't work out perfectly ... I let go and accepted what is to be on beach will be and the reasons are of no consequence.  The waves will crash along the shore and subside again and again and there is not to be a treason why.

The peculiar thing about life... Is I already know I have no control of what happens around me... And I spend a lot of energy choosing to consciously accept this and just focus of the blessings I have been given in this life... this day...this moment, focus on the love laughter and joy ... yet even with all this focus and acceptance today I didn't get it... 

Today I saw the negative in people... in life and it made me sad.  I saw my failures and felt them. Today I had to learn a lesson I thought I already knew...today I had to remember reality is 99% perception ... And regardless of what is or isn't working in my life... I choose my reaction....that's what I can control... I can choose to be happy despite a set back... I have to choose to focus on the love and laughter in my life ... Focus on my blessings...My amazing husband and grand love... After all my spec of sand may just be a spec but its an peculiar magical and magnificent little spec of beach in a grand universe ... That has its reasons !

No comments:

Post a Comment