Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The gypsy in me

I've  spent my entire life...always leaving.  Waiting to go, getting back, making plans to leave. Is it the gypsy in me or am I running away? or do I just desire the adventure and intrigue of seeing the world?  Whatever the reason; the outcome is the same.  I'm always leaving.

I attended twelve schools in as many years despite attending the same school from kindergarten through fourth grade.  Do the math.  Nine schools in the remaining eight years and on more than one occasion, two schools in the same school year.  Sometimes I looking for a place to fit in; other times I was following the instability of my parents.  Again the result was the same.  I was always leaving.

I've managed to maintain friendships that have lasted a lifetime and a marriage that has lasted almost as long, so although I move, travel, run to the nearest "next" I have kept with me the people I love and a piece of where I have been has always stays with me. 

When my husband and I were young and newly married almost twenty years ago now, we decided that we should always be on vacation.  So we planned a trip and left every three months be it for a long weekend or a week; be it near or far... We were always leaving. 

We figured out early on that in a three months period we could be planning our next trip, getting ready to leave, or be just returning.  In a never ending cycle of going on vacation.  We did this by choice to ensure when we worked hard; we always played harder.

We have traveled throughout Mexico, and most of the Hawaiian island, and much of the Caribbean. 

We've seen most major cities in the US and even seen parts of Canada and South America. 

We have traveled in Europe and traveling through as many countries and cities as we can see.  We will share our adventures with you but also share this. 

Life is short and although it seems vast, our planet is just a speck of sand on someone else's beach.  Grad the hand of the one you love and don't let go.  Work hard but only so you can play hard, otherwise you work hard for no reason at all and time passes and one day you look wake up and see nothing but the cars on front of you sitting in traffic.  What you spend your days doing is what you spend your life doing.  Choose to live, travel, love and laugh...

We want to hear your stories so...

If you are From:

Have travel to:

Or lived in:

any of these places or any others....share

  • London
  • Windsor
  • Amesbury
  • Bath
  • Croatia
  • Split
  • Kastella
  • Bol
  • Brac Supertar
  • Paris
  • Versailles
  • Nice
  • Rome
  • Venice
  • Florence
  • Napoli
  • Trieste
  • Athens
  • Rhodes
  • Santorini
  • Sicily
  • Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • Valencia
  • Mykonos
  • Klagenfurt
  • Vienna
  • Berlin
  • Hannover
  • Amsterdam
  • Copenhagen
  • Dan Haag
  • Brussles
  • Toronto
  • NYC
  • San Francisco
  • Los Angeles
  • San Diego
  • Las Vegas
  • Lake
  • Tahoe
  • Reno
  • Waikiki
  • Lahina
  • Walaiia
  • Kihei
  • Jamacia
  • Nassau
  • Key West
  • Miami
  • Chicago
  • Pittsburgh
  • Sausalito
  • Santa Rosa
  • Napa
  • La Jolla
  • Maui
  • Philadelphia
  • Maryland
  • Maine
  • Ohio
  • Cleveland
  • Puerto Varata
  • Guatemala
  • Mexico City
    Exha
    Panama
  • Costa Rico
  • Denver
  • Atlanta
  • Miami
  • Orlando
  • Columbus
  • Detroit
  • Windsor-CAN
  • Cacun
  • Mazatlan
  • South Beach
  • Fort lauderdale
  • Hollywood, CA
  • Hollywood beach fla
  • Boca Raton fla

No comments:

Post a Comment